Allston is a village of Boston that is filled with entertainment and great places to eat. Here are nine of our favorite spots!
- 1. Christian Herter Park – An idyllic location right off the Charles River, this park offers enjoyment for people of all ages. Playgrounds, festivals, kayaking, picnic tables, a theater, and beautiful gardens are just some of the attractions you will find. Bonus: the park offers free parking in addition to being conveniently accessible by bus or the T! Address: 1175 Soldiers Field Rd, Allston
- 2. Boston Calling Music Festival – This popular celebration of music is moving to a Harvard-owned venue in Allston in May 2017, and from now on will take place Memorial Day Weekend. The festival will expand to include even more musical acts, comedy, visual art and a film festival organized by Harvard graduate Natalie Portman.
- 3. FoMu – Alternative Ice Cream & Cafe – FoMu is a perfect choice for those with a serious sweet tooth. The store offers coconut based gelato, made entirely from local ingredients in an array of traditional and original flavors. Because of the plant-based ingredients, FoMu ice cream can even be enjoyed by those with a lactose allergy. Address: 481 Cambridge St, Allston – (617) 903-3276
- 4. In House Café – An unassuming spot to relax, read a book, enjoy great food and escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Their Mediterranean/Middle Eastern inspired menu and the miss-matched antique décor makes it a great choice for Sunday brunch or a mid-day coffee with friends. Address: 194 Harvard Ave, Allston, MA 02134 – (617) 686-3350
- 5. Roxy’s Grilled Cheese & Burgers – The popular food truck has a trendy new restaurant located in the heart of Allston. Offering gourmet grilled cheese and burger options with tons of options and reasonable prices, Roxy’s is sure to become a neighborhood hot spot. Address: 485 Cambridge St, Allston, MA 02134 – (617) 202-5864
- 6. Deep Ellum – A widely-known choice amongst locals, this intimate gastropub has gained national attention since features on the popular Food Network program Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Not sure what to order? The bartenders have extensive knowledge of the impressive drink and food selection offered. There is even an outdoor patio dining option to enjoy during the warmer months. Address: 477 Cambridge St, Allston, MA 02134 – (617) 787-2337
- 7. Jin Karaoke – A karaoke bar with a variety of up-to-date songs, drink options, Keno (a lottery-style game), darts, and pool. A new kitchen and menu, affordable prices and great service make this a fun way to spend a Saturday night. Address: 16 Harvard Ave, Boston, MA 02134 – (617) 782-9282
- 8. Bfresh – A moderately priced grocery store that is a hybrid of Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s and Star Market, offers healthy and fresh food choices. The store itself is designed to be eco-friendly and efficient. In addition, Bfresh offers an impressive bakery section and free Wi-Fi as well as outdoor seating. Address: 214 Harvard Ave, Allston, MA 02134 – (617) 731-7935
- 9. Carlo’s Cucina Italiana – A hidden gem in Allston, Carlo’s Cucina Italiana offers authentic Italian food with options for dine-in or takeout. In addition to the great food choices, this is a family-owned restaurant with a welcoming vibe. From lobster to ravioli, there are menu options to satisfy everyone’s palate. Address: 131 Brighton Ave., Allston – 617-254-9759